Friday, January 23, 2015

Where the Road Leads



I've had the hardest time trying to write this entry. In my previous blog I wrote about the changes in my approach to fitness/wellness and this business. I am now starting to walk that out, and it is a raw and at times painful journey. Coming to terms with my physical limitations has been quite a struggle for me. As I wrote out my short and long term fitness goals I felt a moment of discouragement. I journeyed back to my 20's and the days of training for competitions, KILLING it in the gym and hitting the pavement for miles at a time. Then I looked at a piece of paper that told me I should be proud if I make it through 15 minutes of aerobic activity most days and light strength training 2 days a week. Talk about a slap in the face...but really it is more like a Reality Check of my NEW normal. 

Although it is an adjustment, I am grateful to GOD that I am alive and have the opportunity to move my body at all. SO many people don't have that luxury. So what if I can't KILL it in the gym like I used to or run 5Ks anymore. I can do what my body ALLOWS me to do. Doors are opening for me to work with people who have similar chronic conditions and need a professional that understands and can design a program that they can complete without exasperating their symptoms.

I believe that GOD does everything for a reason and I know that He is showing me many things in this new stage in my life. Once I took my eyes off of what I "was" I opened my heart up to see that He was showing me what I AM now and what I need to be. SO here's to me knocking out tht 15 minutes of Dance Aerobics yesterday and ROCKIN my chair workout today! What WAS was, what IS is fine with me and what WILL BE keeps me motivated and excited.

Blessing To Y'all

No comments: